Project Studies and Interdisciplinary Projects (IDPs)
The TIM group periodically offers Interdisciplinary Projects (IDPs) for IT students. The lecture part is usually covered through the attendance of "Advanced Technology and Innovation Management" and a subsequent oral exam. For further questions and applications please contact Katharina Tanimura.
- Strategiefindung für ein StartUp aus dem Machine-Learning- und Big- Data-Umfeld (October 2017)
- Machine-augmented analysis of emergent technologies and innovations (July 2017)
- Von der Trendanalyse zum Strategic Foresight (May 2017)
- Digitalisierung der Arbeitsprozesse in der Wohnungseigentümerverwaltung (February 2017)
- Blockchain based logistic and tracking system for a supranational governmental organization (February 2017)
- Marktanalyse für ein Reiseplattform Start-up (February 2017)
- Entwicklung und Einführung einer Vermarktungsstrategie für eine innovative Jobvermittlungsplattform (Dezember 2016)
- Bioprinting - the future of drug testing (in cooperation with a Munich based biotech start-up) (November 2016)
- Intellectual property management on the blockchain - Research IP protection strategies adopted by SMEs to support market entry of startup (Oktober 2016)
- Markteintrittsstrategie (D, USA, J) für ein Münchner Startup im Bereich Medizintechnik (September 2016)
- Trinationale Preis- und Vertriebsstrategie im Bereich Medizintechnik (September 2016)
- Entwicklung innovativer Strategien zum Aufbau einer führenden Reisecommunity (January 2016)
- Entwicklung innovativer Content Formate im Open Innovation Segment (January 2016)
- Entwicklung von Lösungen zur Fraud Detection und Protection in Open Innovation und Maker Communities (Vermeidung von Betrug und Manipulation) (January 2016)
- Entwicklung von Strategien und Automatisierungen bei der Auswahl von Produkttestern und Open Innovation Teilnehmern in Communities (January 2016)
If you plan to conduct your project studies in cooperation with us, we offer you the following options to choose from:
- We regularly offer new project studies. Usually, we post these on this website. The posting will name a contact person that you can address in case you are interested in the topic.
- Alternatively, you can contact us with an idea for a project study of your own if you think it fits with the areas of research and teaching of our chair. Please contact one of the team members via e-mail and include a short draft of your idea (synopsis of the project including partner company, contact person in the company if available, etc.).
Application and Registration
- Application for a topic offered by the chair: Please send a complete application (CV, transcript, short cover letter) to Philipp Pfingstag to apply for the topic.
- Own ideas: If you want to submit your own suggestion, please include a short description of your topic (approximately one page). Please also send these documents to Philipp Pfingstag. We will then try our best to find a suitable supervisor at our chair.
- Register (after receiving confirmation from advisor): Download and complete the correct registration form and send your registration form to your advisor for approval.
- Submit the signed registration form (printed version) to Evelin Winands (room 2514).
Hand-over of the final report
The following documents are required at our chair:
- 2 hard copies of the final report (including a signed declaration of authorship / "ehrenwörtliche Erklärung")
- Electronic versions of the final report (Word and PDF)
- Electronic version of the final presentation
- Stata files (data, syntax)
- Literature files (e.g. Endnote or Citavi)
Please discuss with your advisor whether additional documents could be required.
- Registration form
- Style guidelines of the chair (German only)
- Declaration of authorship "Ehrenwörtliche Erklärung"
Additional forms as well as German versions of the previously mentioned forms can be found on the faculty website.